3C's Ethos Group
Caring Christian Children
Purpose of the Group
A very warm welcome to the 3'C's! We are a group of children made up of representatives from across the key stages. We meet together once a week with Mrs van Zyl, we also welcome Father Nick and Mrs Adams who join us at times to hear about our projects. Our aim is to promote the Christian values that we learn about at Middleforth both within our school and our local community. This year the 3C's group has expanded! Many of the members who were in the group last year will be staying on for another year to help develop 3C's and share what they have learnt with younger members of the group.
If you have any ideas that you would like to share with the 3C's group or suggestions, please send them with your class representative.
Why I joined 3C's...
"I want to help the school, I want to be supportive." Christopher, Y5.
"I want to help create peaceful spaces." Emmerson, Y5
"I like helping make the school a better place." Catherine, Y3
A huge thank you to all our families that supported the Harvest Appeal. Through your support we were able to donate over 150 items to the Penwortham Food Bank. From our popcorn sale we managed to raise £65! This money is being split with half being sent to the Bishops Harvest Appeal and the other half to support the building of the community centre in Uganda. (Thanks to our Mums for helping us make popcorn!).
To evaluate our Christian Distinctiveness.
To develop worship in school by being involved in the planning and delivery of worship.
To design our new peace garden.
To help raise funds to support the charity, Seeds of Grace with their current project, to build a multi-functional community centre.
- Attended the children's Diocesan worship conference.
- We made and delivered a card to a lovely lady in our community who turned 102!
- Carry out a survey asking our peers to describe Middleforth in one word.
- To launch our new Christian values.
- To set-up a consultation on our new Christian values.
- To meet with fabric artist to design our new liturgical bunting, stage cover and prayer pocket.
- Draw up a time table so we all get a turn to be a Worship Welcomer.
- Evaluate worship.
- Prepare whole school worship on Generosity.
- Collate and present Worship around the world summer challenge display.
- Hand out WWJD Stickers at playtimes to children displaying the Christian values.
- Bishop Bridgeman C.E. Children's Ethos Conference.
- Multi-cultural Christianity conference.
- Evaluating worship.
- Discussing Christian distinctiveness within the school.
- Performing at the Mince Pies and Tea afternoon for members of the school and local community.
- Making posters to promote Prayer spaces day held in school.
- To help plan and lead whole school worship on Forgiveness.
- To attend the Blackburn Diocesan Children's conference on worship.
- Lead worship on Forgiveness.
- Conduct a whole school survey based on Christian values.
- Blackburn Diocesan Children’s Conference
- Celebrating a 100th birthday with a member of the local community.
- Evaluating worship.
- Awarding WWJD badges on the playground to children displaying Christian values.