Free School Meals
In addition to all infant children (Reception to Y2) being eligible for Universal Free School Meals, all children from Reception to Year 6 may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
In addition to your child receiving free school meals, schools receive valuable funding of £1345 per pupil to help improve progress for children who may need it.
You can apply to check your eligibility at any time, as understandably, family circumstances may change and especially in the current uncertain times we are facing.
To apply please click here or speak to the school office if you need any help: