In 2015 Bishop Julian presented his vision for the future to the Diocese Bishop's Leadership Team. As a result, churches all over the country will be engaging with Vision 2026. The focus "Healthy Churches Healthy Communities" will by its very nature involve our school and together we believe we can help make and grow disciples of, witnesses to and leaders for Jesus.
‘Healthy Churches Transforming Communities’
We desire to make the Good News about Jesus Christ more widely known, because we believe:
• He is the One who brings ‘life in all its fullness’
• Healthy church communities have a positive and transformative impact on our society.
We will work together to achieve this by:
Making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Knowing the Scriptures better through reading, teaching, preaching and study
- Praying with greater depth and urgency for the Kingdom of God to come
- Giving generously of our time, talents and money to the cause of Christ
Being witnesses to Jesus Christ
- Sharing the Gospel of salvation with confidence
- Holding regular enquirers courses in as many local churches as possible
- Showing God’s love in action through projects that meet a local human need
- Offering thorough and accessible Baptism preparation and follow-up
- Planting or renewing 50 new strategic congregations by 2026
Growing leaders for Jesus Christ
- Supporting and equipping the current leadership for today’s context
- Enabling missional leadership in every Christian community
- Liberating lay leadership for greater participation
- Creating the varied patterns of Sunday and weekday worship necessary to welcome all kinds of people, especially the newcomer
Vision 2026 Prayer
Heavenly Father, we embrace Your call for us to make disciples, to be witnesses and to grow leaders. Give us the eyes to see Your vision, ears to hear the prompting of Your Spirit and courage to follow in the footsteps of your Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.